2024 CACNS Call for Nominations
This announcement has 1 attachment:
Dear CACNS Members,
I am happy to announce two open positions for the coming year, 2024 President-Elect and Treasurer. If you are a member of CACNS, this is your opportunity to serve your colleagues in this prestigious organization.
- President-Elect: Acts in place of the President when necessary and assume all the duties of the President upon his/her resignation. The President-Elect is mentored by the Board for at least six months to one year prior to assuming the position of President.
Treasurer: Responsible for monitoring the fiscal affairs of the CACNS, establishing a yearly budget with the board, and providing reports of CACNS’s financial status to the Board and membership of the CACNS on a quarterly and annual basis as well as the submission of regulatory documents as required.
The application process is very easy; the questionnaire items are listed below:
- Name and credentials
- Position of interest
- Preferred email address
- Preferred phone number
- Why do you wish to run for office in CACNS?
- Provide a brief description of your professional and organizational experiences, and personal attributes you believe make you an ideal candidate for this position.
- What do you believe are the major issues facing the CNS profession in today’s healthcare environment in California?
- Describe your thoughts/experiences on one of the following topics:
a. Recruitment of new CNSs to the profession
b. CNS leadership skills for current systems
Suggested format: Times New Roman, 12-point font. Use headings for 1 to 8a and 8b. Please email the completed application as a Word document to President-Elect Pamela Jane Nye at email@example.com. The deadline for the application is September 30, 2023.
Once nominations are received, a telephone interview will be arranged at a mutually agreed-upon date and time. Final decisions will be made by October 31, 2023.
Pamela Jane Nye, MS, RN, CNS-BC, CNRN, SCRN, ENLS